If you are a lucky owner of natural hair color and satisfied with it hue, all you need is a good shampoo and simply rules of care.
However, dyeing makes the hair porous, and, therefore, it is easier to absorb and give off moisture. Do you know what will be next? As a result, the coloured particles are washed out each time. What to do? Here are some tips to make your hair bright and shining:
- The hairdresser should use exclusively high-quality caring paints. Ask him or her for a professional dye with a long-acting effect. Dyes with organic ingredients will help to keep moisture inside the hair and make them shining and healthy. That ones without ammonia are other great options that should be used.
- Remember: shades of red are most prone to fading. The reason is their molecules are the largest. The size prevents the dye from penetrating deep into the structure of the hair, hence they leave it faster. Therefore, ask a stylist to use a liquid with the maximum effect and minimal damage.
- Use shampoo less often, not more than 2-3 times a week and in no case more than once in two days.
- If there is such an opportunity, use only a moisturizing conditioner for coloured hair. Even if the hair is thin, be sure to apply conditioner to the tips – this is the oldest and most damaged part of the hair. Apply the product, starting from the line of the ears, and continue to the very tips.
- Buy in drugstore or a special shop those caring products with special ingredients which will protect the hue and add radiance, volume, and shine.
- Vitamins are your agents. Vitamin C takes care of the vessels in the scalp, supporting the hair follicles. Biotin (a vitamin from B group) strengthens weak strands and improves their texture. It is found in salmon, carrots, egg yolks and sardines. If you do not have all the necessary elements in your diet, taking food supplements and drugs will help keep your hair healthy and strong.
- Avoid alcohol-based cosmetic brands for styling. Otherwise, the colour will quickly fade.
- Use a technique of toning. Thanks to tinting agents, brightness and saturation of a dull colour is possible to maintain, or to neutralize an undesirable shade. But make sure not to use it more than once a week. The choice of such products is great: balms, shampoos or simply sprays.
- Avoid salty sea water. This is very important, especially if you are going on vacation. Therefore, it is best to apply protective products. F. e., coconut oil, which will like “envelop” the head. Do not forget that ultraviolet rays affect your rather aggressively.
Hope this article will be useful for you and you will make two main conclusions: leave you natural tone where it is possible and use only professional products in the course of dyeing & care. We wish you enjoy your style and be really shiny!